IMG engaged Aruga PR to convert what it calls “Reluctant Mudders” – people interested in its famed Tough Mudder event – into mud-spattered, registered participants.
Aruga devised a fun and daring concept to celebrate the real humans of Tough Mudder: Australia’s Filthiest Calendar. The limited-run, full-colour calendar featured 15 real-life Mudders tackling the world’s most famous outdoor obstacle course, peeling back their activewear to reveal remarkable stories of triumph and everyday achievement.
These Mudders bared all to show Australia that no matter what life throws at you, the only obstacle is yourself.
- Australian actor and presenter Matt Wilson engaged as campaign ambassador and calendar cover boy
- Tough Mudder takeovers at Sydney and Melbourne’s busiest transport hubs to launch and distribute the free calendar
- 8,000 calendars distributed, including 150 to high-profile media targets
- Calendar assets repurposed for other marketing channels including outdoor
- 20,789 event registrations for Sydney & Melbourne, exceeding registration KPIs in both cities (7% up on forecast in Sydney; 6% up in Melbourne)