A record-breaking performance.
In 2018, we cemented Brisbane Festival as Brisbane’s Festival.
In 2019, we upped our game to help deliver record-breaking box office sales and attendance numbers, more than 200 sell-out shows and unprecedented media coverage worth making a song and dance about.
In 2020, against all odds (turns out COVID and Festivals aren’t a good mix) we saw a Boldly Brisbane Festival fill the city with music, art and joy for three weeks.
Taking the world-class hyper-local program to a national audience, Aruga secured
FOMO-inducing coverage across arts, lifestyle and general news media and spotlighted Brisbane Festival and Queensland as beacons of hope for global arts and entertainment industries.
- 2018 - 2020
- 9,500+ high-quality editorial hits
- 210M+ estimated audience reach
- $27M+ in estimated equivalent advertising value
- Delivery of 19 media famils
- 5 live national TV crosses with Nine’s The Today Show and ABC News Breakfast
- Facilitated more than 450 publicity tickets across reviewers and media guests including Aruga’s own Citizen Reviewers program, IMHO.
Aruga triggers conversation. In the media; on social media; around the watercooler. More people are talking about Brisbane Festival than ever before and that’s thanks to Aruga crafting impactful words that compel people to speak. Words that communicate complex themes, wild experiences and artistic vision as though they’re everyday topics. Topics worth talking about.
— Michael AdamsMarketing & Communications Director (2018 - 2019)