A record-breaking performance.
In 2018 with Aruga at the helm, we made Brisbane Festival, Brisbane’s Festival.
In 2019, we ensured it was simply the bestival. Record-breaking box office sales and attendance numbers, more than 200 sell-out shows, and unprecedented media coverage that deserved its own musical.
We’re in talks with Lin-Manuel and the working title is Media Coverage: The Musical.
- 2018 - 2019
- 7,500+ high-quality editorial hits
- 150m+ estimated audience reach
- $17.6m in estimated equivalent advertising value
- Delivery of 16 interstate media famils
- Facilitated more than 400 publicity tickets across reviewers and media guests, including Aruga’s own Citizen Reviewers program; IMHO
Aruga triggers conversation. In the media; on social media; around the watercooler. More people are talking about Brisbane Festival than ever before and that’s thanks to Aruga crafting impactful words that compel people to speak. Words that communicate complex themes, wild experiences and artistic vision as though they’re everyday topics. Topics worth talking about.
— Michael AdamsMarketing & Communications Director (2018 - 2019)